201613/12/2016 Available from today: a new firmware update for the LEICA SL and the Leica Summilux-SL 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH. Firmware version 2.2, the latest update for the innovative Leica SL mirrorless camera system, is now available. The firmware update provides improved support for the MAC versions of Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 and Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0., and now also supports the new Microsoft Windows version of Leica Image Shuttle 3.5. Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owners’ Area (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new software and firmware updates, or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by the free update installation service offered in all Leica Stores.
- 15/11/2016 LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is available in a red anodised version The Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. has been given a brand new look. The world’s sharpest standard lens is the first ever Leica lens to be offered in an alternative, red-anodised finish from December. The uniqueness of this eye-catching special edition is further underlined by the planned production of only 100 red-anodised versions of the lens.
- 08/11/2016 Leica presents the TL-System Building on the Leica T camera system, which has been continually advanced in terms speed, ease of handling and flexibility since its launch in 2014, the Leica TL embraces all the perfected features and leads the innovative camera concept into a new generation with even more innovations and new aspects of its design. One of these innovations is the doubling of the size of its internal buffer memory to 32 GB. Other new features are improved autofocus, especially in AF-C mode, and optimised compatibility with lenses from other Leica camera systems. For instance, the Leica TL now supports SL-Lenses with OIS and allows the use of Leica R-System lenses in combination with the R-Adapter L. A new Leica TL app with revised functions offers additional options for sharing pictures by email or on social networks and is now available for the first time for Android as well as iOS devices.
- 07/11/2016 Historic Leica rarities at the anniversary auction ‘15 years of WestLicht – the showcase for photography’ On the occasion of the 15th anniversary of WestLicht Auctions, the 30th WestLicht camera auction opens at 11 a.m. on 19 November 2016 and will be offering numerous desirable Leica rarities. On 18 November at 5 p.m., the day before the camera auction, avid collectors of photographica also have an opportunity to bid for photographs and portraits by famous photographers at the WestLicht Photo Auction.
- 03/11/2016 Discover the fascination of photography with the Leica D-Lux Explorer Kit Of all the Leica compact cameras, the D-Lux has one of the fastest lenses. Featuring a Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. lens that is ideally matched to its large four-thirds sensor, it delivers images with natural colours and outstanding picture quality. Thanks to its extremely versatile zoom lens (equivalent to 24 to 75 mm in 35 mm format), it is ideal for almost all creative areas of photography – from portraits to landscapes, architecture to macro and the classical domain of Leica cameras, reportage photography. From mid-November, Leica Camera AG will be offering the universal D-Lux in a set together with special extras like the automatic lens cap.
- 19/10/2016 New design option: Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish With the Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish, Leica Camera AG offers an alternative design option for its high-performance, compact camera with a fixed fast prime lens and full-frame sensor. In contrast to the discreet black of the body, lens and leather trim of the standard model of the Leica Q, the new colour option stands out with the titanium-gray paint finish of its top deck, the back of the camera and its baseplate. The combination of the look of precious metal and black elements like the leathering and the lens lend the camera its uniquely refined, premium and simultaneously robust look.
- 19/10/2016 Renaissance of a classic lens: Ultra-compact LEICA SUMMARON-M 28 mm f/5.6 wide-angle lens for unobtrusive reportage photography With the Leica Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6, Leica expands the lens portfolio of the rangefinder system with the modern renaissance of a classic Leica lens. First introduced as a screw mount lens in 1955, the predecessor of this new lens is still one of the most compact wide-angle lenses in the Leica M-System and is famed for its characteristic signature. The new Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6 takes its lead from the classically compact construction of its ancestor and brings the unique, analogue look it lends to pictures into the age of digital photography.
Leica Camera AG appoints Jane Cui as President Leica Camera Asia
In the course of the company’s global expansion and the successive expansion of its subsidiaries, Leica Camera AG has now established an additional management level to its organisational structures in the Asia region. In her function as President Leica Camera Asia, Jane Cui will be assuming business responsibility for the markets Greater China and South East Asia with effect from 15 October 2016. She will report to Oliver Kaltner, CEO of Leica Camera AG.
- 13/10/2016 Leica Camera and ONA present an exclusive collection of high-quality, premium camera bags To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the legendary 35 mm camera in 2014, ONA created ‘The Berlin II’, a camera bag designed especially for the Leica M-System. As a follow-up to this collaboration, Leica Camera and ONA have come together again to present ‘ONA FOR LEICA’, a new collection of high quality camera bags. The collection will feature six models crafted by ONA, an American manufacturer of premium camera bags. Each piece will be lined in red and feature a red rivet, a discreet reference to Leica and will be offered exclusively by Leica Camera AG in a range of material and colour combinations.
- 12/10/2016 Special edition Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs: legendary rangefinder technology meets creative design In collaboration with artist and photographer Rolf Sachs, Leica Camera AG presents a new special edition in the Leica M-System portfolio – the Leica M-P (Typ 240) ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs. The unusual set, consisting of a Leica M-P camera and the fast classic lens Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH., unites legendary rangefinder technology with creative product design. The combination of unusual materials in an eye-catching choice of colour and classic design lends the camera a unique look and makes the Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs a true collector’s item. This special edition will strictly be limited to only 79 sets for the worldwide market and will be available exclusively at select Leica Stores from November 2016.