201702/03/2017 New: Leica Visus 1–4 x 24 i LW Leica Sport Optics expands its Visus i LW product line with a new model: the Leica Visus 1–4 x 24 i LW, a new model especially for driven hunt. The new Leica Visus riflescope – as the Leica Visus 2.5-10 x 42 i LW and the Visus 3-12 x 50 i LW - offers users exceptional product design and surface finishes.
- 02/03/2017 25 Years of Leica Rangefinding For 25 years now, Leica has enjoyed the reputation of being the pioneer and market leader in the field of laser rangefinding. The Leica Geovid (1992) was the world’s first pair of binoculars with an integrated rangefinder. In honor of this anniversary Leica Sport Optics presents two of its latest top laser rangefinding models in popular olive green armoring.
- 22/02/2017 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017: Beginning of the submission phase and announcement of the members of the international jury The Leica Oskar Barnack Award, the long-established competition for photographers from around the world, now enters the next round. From 1 March to 10 April 2017, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers aged up to 25 can submit their entries to the prestigious photographic competition staged by Leica Camera AG. From 1 March 2017, entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. To take part, entrants must submit a self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between people and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2016 and 2017 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period.
- 15/02/2017 Firmware update now available for the new Leica M10 A new firmware update for the Leica M10 can now be downloaded from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com). Owners can update their camera with firmware update 22.214.171.124 and enjoy the benefits of numerous improvements to the camera’s handling.
- 08/02/2017 New Leica M-Sets as an introduction to rangefinder photography Like no other camera, the Leica M stands for a special kind of photography – discreet, close to the action and concentrated on essentials. In addition to the existing sets with Leica M (Typ 262) and M7 cameras, Leica now presents a new range of attractive sets featuring the Leica M (Typ 240), M-P (Typ 240) and the M Monochrom (Typ 246) models that offer customers numerous options for discovering and experiencing the fascination of Leica M-Photography.
- 01/02/2017 Leica Ultravid HD-PLUS ‘Edition Safari’ 2017 Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents the ‘Edition Safari’ 2017 – an annual edition limited to 100 examples of each of four different models from the Leica Ultravid HD-PLUS family. Each pair of binoculars of the edition comes complete with an exclusive case created in collaboration with French artisan workshop ‘Aneas’.
- 19/01/2017 New M Magazine presents fascinating photographic projects by acclaimed Leica photographers The latest issue of M Magazine is now available and presents a wide variety of articles from the world of Leica rangefinder photography. The now fifth issue of the magazine features a ‘best of’ historic photographs by Ernesto Bazan, captivating reportage work by Peter Bauza and José Colón, impressive images captured by Fred Mortagne and Giovanni del Brenna and emotive insights into the life of Russian children in a summer camp by Claudine Doury. What’s more, an essay celebrating the 10th anniversary of digital M-Photography leads readers through the history of the system and presents its latest milestone – the Leica M10.
- 18/01/2017 New Leica M10 impresses with more compact dimensions, improved performance and even more intuitive handling An iconic camera system sets standards yet again: The perfect balance of long-established traditions and technical innovation in the Leica M10 embodies the essence of everything that is truly important for photography like no other camera before. Although all its functions have been adapted to meet the precise needs of contemporary photography, there has been no deviation from the essential principles of the legendary M-System. Every single component and every technical solution concentrates uncompromisingly on photography. With its more compact dimensions, improved performance and even more intuitive handling, the Leica M10 sets a new milestone in the ongoing history of Leica M photography.
- 17/01/2017 Joel Meyerowitz receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award The acclaimed photographer Joel Meyerowitz will be honoured for his lifework with the Leica Hall of Fame Award and a major exhibition in the course of the ‘A Celebration of Photography’ event being held by Leica Camera AG on 18 January 2017. The exhibition in the Leica Galerie Wetzlar opens on 19 January and can be seen until 31 March 2017.
- 10/01/2017 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017: The latest round of the prestigious Leica Camera AG photographic competition begins Candidates wishing to enter this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, the long-established, international photographic competition for professional photographers, and the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and coming photographers under the age of 25, may submit their entries between 1 March and 10 April 2017. The competition calls for the submission of self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographers perceive and document the interaction between people and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2016 and 2017 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period. From 1 March 2017, entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.