201911/02/2019 Leica M10-P ‘ASC 100 Edition’: The M for cinematographers With the M10-P ‘ASC 100 Edition’, Leica has created a fitting tribute to the world of cinema on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the American Society of Cinematographers. Comprising a Leica M10-P camera and a Leica Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH. lens, the set offers two specially tailored cine-look modes that make it an exclusive and professional tool for cinematographers and filmmakers. The set also includes a Leica VISOFLEX electronic accessory viewfinder and a Leica M-PL-Mount Adapter that enables the use of almost all PL mount cine lenses available on the market on the camera.
- 07/02/2019 Leica Camera AG presents three new design options in the Leica M-Lens portfolio Leica Camera AG presents new design versions of the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6 and Leica Summilux-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lenses for the Leica M-System. The special series of the three lenses are distinguished by unique design highlights and are being offered in a limited number of examples. The performance and technical specifications of the lenses are otherwise identical to those of the serial production products.
- 05/02/2019 LOBA: The submission phase for entries for the prestigious photographic competition begins on 1 March 2019 Leica Camera AG is pleased to announce the starting date of the submission phase of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) 2019: professional and up-and-coming photographers can submit entries to the international photographic competition at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com from 1 March to 1 April 2019. Up-and-coming photographers will be particularly pleased to hear that the age limit in this category has been raised. This year is the first time that up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 28 can take part in the Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer competition.
- 31/01/2019 Leica Camera AG presents the Leica M10-P and the Leica Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 as limited ‘Safari’ editions Leica Camera AG is writing the next chapter in the success story of special editions finished in olive green enamel and now presents the latest model in this series – the Leica M10-P Edition ‘Safari’. Otherwise identical to the serial production model in terms of performance and technical specifications, the special features of this camera are its eye-catching olive green enamel finish and the accessories supplied with the camera.
- 07/01/2019 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM With the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents the first Leica rangefinder with integrated Bluetooth. Together with the specially designed smartphone app, this offers limitless freedom and precision. Combining precise distance measurement, the Leica ABC ballistics system, intuitive operation, Bluetooth technology and a unique design, Leica sets new standards as a pioneer in rangefinding.
- 02/01/2019 Precision meets elegance Maximum precision meets extraordinary elegance: With the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus “customized” Leica Sport Optics presents the binoculars that unite outstanding design and optical quality with a premium leather trim and a titanium colour finish housing.
201807/12/2018 Leica CL Street Kit - The compact traveller’s set for reportage photography From today, Leica Camera AG is offering the ‘Street Kit’ – a set comprising the compact Leica CL system camera and a Leica Summicron-TL 23 mm f/2 ASPH. lens. Together with a Leica Summicron-TL 23 mm f/2 ASPH. lens, the CL is a particularly compact, high-performance set of equipment that is an ideal tool for photographers who appreciate versatility, outstanding image quality, an intuitive handling concept and iconic product design. With an equivalent focal length of 35 mm in 35 mm format, this lens is a true classic for reportage photography and opens up almost countless creative opportunities. Ideal as lightweight luggage for travelling, the ‘Street Kit’ set is completely in black and includes a handgrip, a leather carrying strap and a second camera battery.
- 28/11/2018 The 33rd WestLicht Camera Auction achieves top prices and brings some surprising news The 33rd WestLicht Photographica Auction was held in Vienna last weekend. As the auction opened, Matthias Harsch, Chairman of the Executive Board of Leica Camera AG, and Alexander Sedlak, Managing Director of Leica Camera Austria, surprised everyone present with the latest news: the next auction will take place in June 2019 at the Leitz Park in Wetzlar under the name Leitz Photographica Auction (www.leitz-auction.com), with a new logo and will be organised by the long-established, highly-experienced and successful team from Vienna. In future, under the prestigious, historically renowned name of ‘Leitz’, the entire knowledge and expertise of the globally active and networked company Leica Camera AG will come into play to offer even more bidders from around the globe the chance to buy spectacular collector’s pieces and rarities at exciting auctions.
- 20/11/2018 Leica D-Lux 7: compact size meets high performance Leica Camera AG presents a new model in the Leica D-Lux line. The high-performance compact camera features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. zoom lens (equivalent to 24–75 mm in 35 mm format) that, in combination with the camera’s new, higher-resolution four-thirds sensor, delivers outstanding picture quality in all shooting situations. A performance profile extended by numerous new functions and features such as a touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity and USB charging capability makes the new Leica D-Lux 7 an ideal everyday companion and an extremely versatile camera that offers a maximum of photographic freedom for capturing unique moments in impressive picture quality.
- 13/11/2018 Leica V-Lux Explorer Kit: From today, the ideal camera for travel, sport and outdoor photography is available again as a set The Leica V-Lux, the universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography, is on sale again in a set with additional accessories. Alongside the camera, this set once again includes a system bag from the exclusive ‘ONA for Leica’ collection – this time, ‘The Bowery for Leica, Canvas, Field Tan’. The robust bag is distinguished by its style and functionality. With its cleverly designed features and variable inner compartments, it offers optimum protection and ample space for the safe stowage of the camera kit and personal items. The V-Lux Explorer Kit also includes a ‘Leica Rope Strap Red designed by COOPH’. Made from the same material used for climbing ropes, and featuring elements in Italian leather, this simultaneously robust and elegant carrying strap ideally complements the travel set and ensures safe and comfortable carrying of the camera in every situation.